OPENING HOURS / COVID-19 / CONTACT US
OUR NEW TEMPORARY OPENING HOURS
EFFECTIVE FROM 19TH MAY 2021 (INCORPORATING COVID RESTRICTIONS) ARE:
Wednesday: 6pm – 11pm
Friday: 6pm – 12am
Saturday: 2pm – 12am
Sunday: 2pm – 10pm
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE FOR YOUR SAFETY AND COMFORT
Entry will work on a first come, first served basis and you can rest assured we have made your safety and comfort our priority. For absolute fairness we won’t be taking any reservations or bookings – our doors are open to all and some of our customers don’t have access to emails or social media to book. Simply drop by during opening hours and we’ll do our best to accommodate you if we can. Please don’t be cross with us if we are fully seated. We have rules to follow and we won’t ever go over our capacity, so please don’t ask us to. We’d be delighted for you to offer one of our many neighbouring bars your much valued custom and perhaps pop back to us later in the evening and try again.
You won’t be asked to download any fussy apps or anything though those of you who have the NHS Covid-19 App can scan our site specific QR code at the entrance if they prefer to use the app. We are taking customers basic details using a traditional pen and paper record which will be stored securely for the required 21 days following all GDPR compliance and then shredded. This way your private information won’t be held online anywhere without your permission. Taking these details is a legal requirement. Without this we cannot allow entry.
The new measures we’ve taken to keep everyone on the premises safe include:
* My staff and I are temperature tested on arrival before our shifts begin and PPE is provided wherever necessary or requested.
* My staff and I are handwashing and hand sanitising more thoroughly and frequently between serving drinks, handling payments and approaching tables.
* We have placed hand sanitiser at the door and on the bar for your use and all our bathroom handwash has been replaced with anti-bacterial soap.
* We are now taking your drinks orders at your table and while we can still take cash if necessary we would of course prefer if you paid using contacless/card.
* We have moved Heaven and Earth as well as our furniture to ensure the appropriate distancing measures are in effect throughout the venue.
* We have stepped up our WC cleaning schedule and are checking our facilities hourly, recording this on the visible check sheets in the WC areas.
* All our cleaning products used are anti-viral and anti-bacterial and we use disposable products where possible to minimise the further spread of bacteria.
* We run a weekly deep clean of the entire venue, from top to bottom getting into all those nooks and crannies, eradicating any trace of bugs and germs.
While there are fewer seats we’ve done our very best to ensure the look and feel of the bar does not detract from our usual award winning aesthetic and we hope you will still feel the warmth and cosiness of the space as you have enjoyed before. We think we’ve managed to keep the set up as ‘Prohibition-y’ as possible while still abiding by the government guidelines and regulations and without it feeling overly clinical or sparse.
For the safety of our customers and staff, we ask that you only visit us with members of your family or household/bubble until we are given notification otherwise. We can, of course, still cater for tables of 4 people maximum in order to better monitor and regulate the risk of mixing with too many people unnecessarily. We can seat people from a maximum of two different groups/households/bubbles together. We can’t move our furniture side by side to accommodate larger groups. The furniture has been set out and distanced to the correct spacing and has to stay that way we’re afraid (for now). Over time we’re sure the restrictions will ease but until then we really aught to do our best to follow them as best we can and help pave the road to recovery. Customers are politely asked to respect these procedures and help us to look after everyone on the premises.
We will do our best to serve you in a timely and organised manner, but remember, Prohibition moves at a different pace. We take things easy, we do things the old fashioned way, it’s all about slowing things down and enjoying the “Good Stock, the Good Company and the Good Times”, and that’s what we do best. The sweet jazz music will be at a pleasant background level for talking and catching up, the table candles will be lit, the lights down low and we’re ready when you are to welcome you back.
To avoid disappointment please check the events listings before heading out to Prohibition Cabaret Bar where we’ll be looking forward to meeting you!
For General Enquiries please drop us a line on: email@example.com
For Private Hire or Live booking enquiries it's: firstname.lastname@example.org
25-27 PINK LANE | NEWCASTLE | NE1 5DW